Víctor Guzman released from Chivas after doping results from previous club Pachuca come back positive
Guzman signed for Chivas from Pachuca in December 2019, but his transfer will be cancelled with Chivas set to recover the 10 million dollars transfer fee.
Victor Guzman was one of the eight reinforcements that Chivas made for the Clausura 2020 campaign. It emerged today that the Mexican midfielder won’t be able to return to his first club due to a doping case which has followed him from his previous club Pachuca.
Pachuca must now take Guzman back and reimburse Chivas with the original 10 million dollar transfer fee they paid for the player in December 2019. It is not known if Chivas will invest the money to sign a new player for this rest of the season or make do with the team they currently have.
The doping case occurred on 10 August 2019 when Pachuca played Queretaro during the fourth week of the Apertura 2019. At the end of the game, Guzman was chosen randomly to take part in a doping control. The samples were then sent to Cuba by the International Olympic Committee for further analysis and that is why the results took longer than usual to be confirmed. According to the Mexican Soccer Federation, the results came positive and they informed Chivas on Thursday.
After considering the situation, Chivas have decided that Guzman will not play for them this season and will return to Pachuca. The midfielder did not play in the opening game of the season against Juárez, which Chivas won 2-0.
Guzman faces suspension for testing positive
If the case is taken to court, Victor Guzman could be banned from playing for a minimum of 2 years.
Today, the player was spotted in Mexico City at the Mexican Football Federation offices.
Neither team involved has made an official statement regarding this case.
Te recomendamos en English
- CORONAVIRUS Coronavirus USA live updates: cases, deaths and stimulus checks, latest news
- BARCELONA Barcelona and Ajax reach initial agreement for Sergiño Dest: 20 million plus 5 in add-ons
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits in California: for how long will they stop and when can I claim again?
- US NEWS | CORONAVIRUS Second Stimulus Check: will there be a new payment in September 2020?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Chelsea closing in on Mendy as Lampard confirms medical
- CORONAVIRUS Second stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say in Congress testimony?