Chivas get off to a strong start as Clausura 2020 gets underway
Chivas lived up to their expectations and won their first game of the new campaign. Next up for Luis Fernando Tena's side are Pachuca in Week 2.
Guadalajara will be one of the team to watch this season. They brought in new players for the new campaign and won their opening game, easing to a 2-0 win over Juárez. Luis Fernando Tena's side looked comfortable throughout the 90 minutes in this weekend's Clausura 2020 opener.
With Ricardo Peláez brought in as the new sporting director and a clutch of new signings, Chivas fans have a good feeling about this season. One of the new incorporations, Victor “Pocho” Guzman, was not available for this weekend's game because of personal problems but he is expected to be back for next week's game against Pachuca.
Chivas dominated possession during the match against Juárez and their first chance came in the 11th minute when Isaac Brizuela had a shot blocked by the keeper. Just one minute later, Alexis Vega, put Chivas ahead and Jose Juan Macias doubled the lead just after the half hour. During the second half of the game Chivas maintained possession but were unable to increase their lead. Recent arrival Jose Juan Macias had a couple of opportunities and Uriel Antuna came on to make his debut, replacing Isaac Brizuela in the second half. Antuna is one of the new players this season who is expected to make an impact this season after his impressive performances for Mexico and LA Galaxy.
Te recomendamos en English
- Real Betis Rubi: “Lainez is ready but Guido Rodriguez still needs to adapt to the league”
- MLS TUDN: LA Galaxy leaves 14 jersey open so Chicharito could claim it
- BARCELONA Setién: "Messi did what Messi always does"
- BARCELONA Busquets: "You'll see what Setién is asking of us"
- Premier League Van Dijk refuses to agree that title race is over
- Bundesliga Not every team wins 4-0 in Berlin! Flick lauds his Bayern side