Chivas get off to a strong start as Clausura 2020 gets underway
Chivas lived up to their expectations and won their first game of the new campaign. Next up for Luis Fernando Tena's side are Pachuca in Week 2.
Guadalajara will be one of the team to watch this season. They brought in new players for the new campaign and won their opening game, easing to a 2-0 win over Juárez. Luis Fernando Tena's side looked comfortable throughout the 90 minutes in this weekend's Clausura 2020 opener.
With Ricardo Peláez brought in as the new sporting director and a clutch of new signings, Chivas fans have a good feeling about this season. One of the new incorporations, Victor “Pocho” Guzman, was not available for this weekend's game because of personal problems but he is expected to be back for next week's game against Pachuca.
Chivas dominated possession during the match against Juárez and their first chance came in the 11th minute when Isaac Brizuela had a shot blocked by the keeper. Just one minute later, Alexis Vega, put Chivas ahead and Jose Juan Macias doubled the lead just after the half hour. During the second half of the game Chivas maintained possession but were unable to increase their lead. Recent arrival Jose Juan Macias had a couple of opportunities and Uriel Antuna came on to make his debut, replacing Isaac Brizuela in the second half. Antuna is one of the new players this season who is expected to make an impact this season after his impressive performances for Mexico and LA Galaxy.
Te recomendamos en English
- coronavirus stimulus checks What have Republicans said about a second stimulus check?
- CORONAVIRUS Unemployment benefits: can you still get them if you are fired?
- US election 2020 Election US 2020: who are the top economic officials named by Biden?
- LIGA MX Miguel Herrera to continue as the head coach of Club América
- BOXING Tyson admits to smoking a joint ahead of Roy Jones fight
- Football Aspetar to host sports medicine forum until Qatar 2022