Who is Éder Sarabia, Quique Setién's right hand man?
Éder is the son of former Athetic Club striker Manu Sarabia and also an ex-player at youth level, he is also a self confessed cycling and Lionel Messi fan.
Eder Sarabia follows Quique Setién as his number two as both men embark on their FC Barcelona adventure. Eder is the son son of Manu Sarabia, former Athletic Club striker and more recently a television pundit working with Canal + in Spain. Manu played alongside Quique Setién in Logroñes and it was there that the new Barça coach first met the man who would go on to be his assistant.
Sarabia was invited by Setién to join him as he was appointed Las Palmas boss in 2015 and followed him to his next destination in Seville as he embarked on a two season spell with Real Betis.
Social media and sports fan
Éder Sarabia is one of the few people in the game who administers his own social media accounts and is an ardent fan of cycling with his Twitter timeline full of observations relating to the likes of major races such as the Vuelta a España and Tour de France. He's also been known to share his admiration in the past for Leo Messi and now will get to work with the Argentine maestro on a day-in, day-out basis at Barcelona.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth