Chicharito and LA Galaxy officially reach agreement
The Mexican striker will play with LA Galaxy this season, becoming the highest paid player in the MLS.
Sports Illustrated first broke the news this morning after days of negotiations between Galaxy, Sevilla and Chicharito's representatives.
Hernandez will now come in to replace Zlatan Ibrahimovic, who left LA after two seasons in the MLS.
Now that it is official, Chicharito will be one of the biggest signings in the history of Major League Soccer, alongside Ibrahimovic, David Beckham and David Villa.
Sevilla accepts Galaxy's terms
The negotiations to sign Chicharito started last week when an entourage from Galaxy flew to Seville to convince the striker and pay his fee to his now former club. This Friday, Sevilla confirmed that they had accepted the MLS team’s offer and for that reason Hernandez was left out of the squad for the trip to Real Madrid this weekend.
Te recomendamos en English
- Champions League Real Madrid vs Manchester City: how and where to watch – times, TV, online
- Champions League Vidal sent off against Napoli
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Bayern with one foot in the quarter final
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Piqué limps out of Napoli tie with Clásico in doubt
- Tennis Who is Chicharito? Alexander Zverev stumped in Mexico
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Sterling fit for Man City-Real Madrid as Guardiola regrets Hazard loss