Ramos and Benzema return to training ahead of Sevilla clash
Ramos was expected out for a couple of weeks but returned to training on Friday and Benzema was included too with an eye on the Sevilla game.
Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema provided good news at Real Madrid training ahead of the Sevilla game at the Bernabéu on Saturday. The two players exercised with the rest of their teammates but Zidane will have the last say on whether they are called into the squad for the weekend.
For Ramos, the game against his former side is something special and even more since the controversial songs sung at him by fans at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán recently. The captain, who injured his ankle in the Spanish Super Cup final, took part in the rondos and runs with Dupont. He did have tape on his right leg though but he didn't show any pain or discomfort during the session.
Benzema also trained with the group. The French striker missed the Spanish Super Cup with a left hamstring issue but could return to the starting line-up against Sevilla. A goal from Benzema was enough to seal victory against former Madrid manager, Julen Lopetegui, in the reverse fixture of this tie earlier in the year. Benzema's return solves a problem in attack with Luka Jovic also just coming back from a minor injury. The one who loses out with the return of the two strikers is Mariano, who will likely drop out of the squad again.
Asensio and Hazard are the only two completely ruled out of the game as they continue their respective recoveries.
Te recomendamos en English
- RYDER CUP 2021 Ryder Cup 2021 full schedule: participants, match dates, and times
- NFL Panthers at Texans: Fantasy Start ‘ems and Sit ‘ems
- REAL MADRID Mbappé: 100 days until PSG star can negotiate with Real Madrid
- Nagelsmann on Rudiger to Bayern rumours: I'll have to see if I have any money in my wallet!
- 76ers and Doc Rivers want to convince Ben Simmons to stay amid trade talk
- MLB MLB round-up: Cardinals extend streak, Rays clinch playoff berth