Ramos and Benzema return to training ahead of Sevilla clash
Ramos was expected out for a couple of weeks but returned to training on Friday and Benzema was included too with an eye on the Sevilla game.
Sergio Ramos and Karim Benzema provided good news at Real Madrid training ahead of the Sevilla game at the Bernabéu on Saturday. The two players exercised with the rest of their teammates but Zidane will have the last say on whether they are called into the squad for the weekend.
For Ramos, the game against his former side is something special and even more since the controversial songs sung at him by fans at the Ramón Sánchez Pizjuán recently. The captain, who injured his ankle in the Spanish Super Cup final, took part in the rondos and runs with Dupont. He did have tape on his right leg though but he didn't show any pain or discomfort during the session.
Benzema also trained with the group. The French striker missed the Spanish Super Cup with a left hamstring issue but could return to the starting line-up against Sevilla. A goal from Benzema was enough to seal victory against former Madrid manager, Julen Lopetegui, in the reverse fixture of this tie earlier in the year. Benzema's return solves a problem in attack with Luka Jovic also just coming back from a minor injury. The one who loses out with the return of the two strikers is Mariano, who will likely drop out of the squad again.
Asensio and Hazard are the only two completely ruled out of the game as they continue their respective recoveries.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Men's 100m, track & field, medal count, results, today 31 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | WRESTLING What types of wrestling are at the Olympics? Differences, rules, format and score system
- GOLD CUP FINAL 2021 Gold Cup final: USA vs Mexico - times, TV and how to watch online
- SUPER LEAGUE Tebas dismisses court ruling asking UEFA to revoke action against Super League trio
- NBA Draft 2021 NBA draft 2021: which players have been selected by each team and main transfers?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | BASKETBALL Tokyo 2020: Why is LeBron James not playing at the Olympic Games?