LA Galaxy confirm Javier Chicharito Hernández signing
The five time MLS champions announce the signing of Mexican forward Chicharito, who joins as Zlatan Ibrahimovic's replacement.
It's finally oficial, LA Galaxy have confirmed the signing of Javier 'Chicharito' Hernández who has been brought in to fill the vacancy left by Zlatan Ibrahimovic. Chicharito will partner Jonathan Dos Santos in the Galaxy attack and finds himself in the same city as Carlos Vela, two players he knows well from their time together in the Mexico national team.
LA Galaxy announced the signing of the 31-year-old by posting a video on Twitter and Instagram. While there has been no official word on the transfer fee paid to Sevilla, it is believed that a fee of around 9 million euros changed hands in the deal. It is also rumoured that Chicharito will become the highest paid player in Major League Soccer this year.
The Mexican striker ends a 10-year spell in Europe after leaving Chivas to sign with Manchester United in 2010. He enjoyed a successful stint at Real Madrid and build up experience in the Premier League with West Ham and in the Bundesliga with Bayer Leverkusen. He scored a total of 127 goals over the decade he spent in Europe.
It's the third move in 12 months for Chicharito, who left West Ham to join Sevilla last summer and joins LA Galaxy after just over four months in Spain.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check passed in Senate updates: who qualifies, how much, when will the payment arrive, Biden signs | Live
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN Why are unemployment benefits changing from $400 to $300?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed in the Senate: when is voting in the House of Representatives?
- US NEWS Child tax credit - $3000 or $3600: how much will it be per child?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Third stimulus check passed: when will it be sent out and how much?
- US NEWS Third stimulus check passed: when will Biden sign it?