Barcelona: Messi, Busquets and Piqué rested for Ibiza Copa del Rey tie
Quique Setién has chosen to rest three key players as he named his Barcelona take on Ibiza in the Copa del Rey.
Lionel Messi, Sergio Busquets and Gerard Piqué will stay in Barcelona when Quique Setién's team fly out to Ibiza for tomorrow's Copa del Rey Round of 32 tie at Estadi Can Misses.
Luis Suárez and Ousmane Dembélé remain unavailable due to injury, although the Uruguayan has begun the next stage of his treatment process in Catalonia as he recovers from meniscus damage. Dembélé is also progressing well with his recovery from a hamstring injury and is back training out in the open air although apart from his team mates.
Quique Setién has included youngsters Carles Pérez, Riqui Puig, Abel Ruíz and Chumi in the 18-man squad, alongside rising star Ansu Fati.
The Barcelona squad:
Ter Stegen, Neto, Semedo, Lenglet, Jordi Alba, Umtiti, Sergi Roberto, Arthur, Rakitic, De Jong, Vidal, Griezmann, Junior, Carles Pérez, Ansu Fati, Abel Ruiz, Riqui Puig, Chumi.
Recommended in English
- US NEWS When did Cyber Monday originate? What is Cyber Monday?
- NFL What is the Dallas Cowboys best record in franchise history?
- NFL Seattle vs. Washington live online: stats, scores and highlights | NFL Week 11
- SOCCER Which players have won the most Ballons d'Or?
- Belichick vindicated once more as Jackson builds DPOY case
- BALLO D'OR When did Messi win all of his Ballon d'Or awards? Seasons and stats