Celades: "Rodrigo talks are open, we won't hide it"
The Valencia manager says they are negotiating Rodrigo's exit and he has not called the player up to his squad to play against Cutlural Leonesa.
Albert Celades admits that Rodrigo Moreno could leave Valencia during the last few days of the winter transfer market and says negotiations are ongoing for his transfer. Rodrigo has been left out of Valencia's squad to play Cultural Leonesa as Barcelona links intensify.
"Rodrigo went to Barcelona because he had a check-up and it has nothing got to do with what you've asked me," said Celades when asked if the striker had gone to Barcelona to to a medical.
Gaya, the team's full-back, said he didn't understand the transfer and Celades was asked if he had been annoyed by the comments by his player.
"Rodrigo is loved in the dressing room," Celades said. "We have a very nice group and Rodrigo is really loved. But everyone is free to have whatever opinion they want and I don't have much more to say."
The manager said he had "no comment" when asked if he understood the need to sell one of the team's best players.
"Rodrigo is a difference-maker," he said. "That's why Barcelona want him, beacause he is a game-changer. The negotiation is open and we won't hide that."
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL | PACKERS Rodgers: Packers Super Bowl contenders after 49ers win
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINES What’s the latest on the NYC DOE covid-19 vaccine mandate?
- US NEWS What caused the Amtrak train derailment?
- ALFREDO RELAÑO Ansu Fati returns to Barcelona after long layoff
- NFL Mahomes talks after Kansas City Chief's 30-24 defeat to Los Angeles Chargers
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Ancelotti on Sheriff, Modric, Kroos, Zidane, Mendy