Barcelona considering offloading Ivan Rakitic this week
Rakitic has remained in the wings - even while other players have been out injured. He has spent months hinting that he could leave - Juventus and Inter are interested.
According to Cadena SER's El Larguero programme, Ivan Rakitic could leave Barcelona during the winter transfer window. The club's techical department have been working on Rakitic's departure, which could happen by the end of this week if both parties are satisfied with any of the offers on the table. Rakitic's situation has been dragging on for some time. The Croatian midfielder hinted that he was considering leaving over a year ago.
In the summer of 2018, after the World Cup finals, he was studying an offer from Paris-Saint Germain. In the end, he opted to stay - after being promised an improved contract by club president Josep Maria Bartomeu - a promise that never came to fruition. Last summer he was close to signing for Inter Milan or Juventus. The arrival of Frenkie De Jong in July limited Rakitic's options of first team action even further, but again, he remained at Barça and after months of being overlooked by Ernesto Valverde, he ended up gradually entering the coach's plans and has started seven LaLiga matches this season - a third of the total played so far.
Rakitic's time at Barcelona could be coming to an end
With just three days left before the January window closes, La SER are reporting that Rakitic could be on his way out of the club. Inter Milan and Juventus have long held an interest in the midlfielder but for any transfer to go through, both Barça and the player have to be in agreement. As far as Barça are concerned, Rakitic is on the transfer list but they would still hope to receive a reasonable fee for the player. Since joining Barça in 2014, Rakitic's performance levels have been spectacular. However in the last few months, which have been difficult for him, his form has dipped and his role within the team has also waned.
Te recomendamos en English
- TRAVEL Which countries are in the ‘Level 4: Do not travel' category?
- US NEWS Fourth stimulus check and Child Tax Credit live updates: can it be passed in August? Dates, tax return, opt-out...
- CORONAVIRUS What has Dr Fauci said about the covid-19 Delta variant and lockdowns?
- NFL Nick Foles plays down Colts trade talk: "I'm a Chicago Bear now"
- OLYMPICS GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: summary, results and medal count - 03 August
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Recap: Biles takes bronze, Thompson-Herah makes history