REAL MADRID 1 - ATLÉTICO 0
Felipe on Morata claim: "It was a penalty"
Atlético Madrid central defender Felipe looked back on his side's defeat against Real Madrid at the Bernabéu, claiming that Morata should have had penatly.
In his post-match interview following Atlético Madrid’s defeat to Real Madrid, Felipe discussed his side’s need to address their current issues, as well as the controversial Morata penalty claim.
You controlled the game in the first half. What happened then?
It was a very difficult game. We all know the strength that Real Madrid has, all the details. All these things that happen in games, we have to see them and correct mistakes as soon as possible.
Did Madrid surprise you with the changes?
They made two aggressive changes and we were a little behind. We know how to suffer, but we have to realise that we aren’t doing well. This has to be corrected as quickly as possible. Minor errors must be taken care of.
Have the doubts started to sink in with these bad results?
No, we are very focused. We know that we have to correct many things, but we will do that by playing, game by game, little by little. We suffer a little and then because of the little details, we did not find the goal.
On Morata claims for a penalty
I was far from the play and I saw that it was a penalty. But hey, now it's time to rest and look at the next game.
He had discomfort in the calf, but I don’t think it’s serious and he will be ok for the next game.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades