Cristiano and De Ligt ease Juventus past Fiorentina
Maurizio Sarri's Juventus returned to winning ways, beating Fiorentina 3-0 with Cristiano Ronaldo scoring twice from the penalty spot and De Ligt grabbbing the third.
Cristiano Ronaldo converted two penalties as he scored for the ninth Serie A game in a row on Sunday to give Juventus a somewhat flattering 3-0 win over Fiorentina which kept them top of Serie A.
Cristiano converts two penalties against Fiorentina
The Portuguese squeezed his shot under Bartlomiej Dragowski in the 40th minute and sent the Fiorentina goalkeeper the wrong way late in the second half to take his tally for the season to 19 after Fiorentina held their own for much of the game. Defender Matthijs De Ligt headed the third in stoppage time to add to the sense of injustice. The decision which awarded Juve their second penalty, after Rodrigo Bentancur went down under a challenge from Federico Ceccherini, was met with angry protests by the visitors.
Sarri's Juventus top Serie A
Juventus, who bounced back from last week's 2-1 defeat by Napoli, have 54 points from 22 games, six ahead of Inter Milan who were away to Udinese later on Sunday. It was Fiorentina's first league defeat in five matches since Giuseppe Iachini replaced Vincenzo Montella as coach
Te recomendamos en English
- JUVENTUS Juventus player Arthur Melo involved in car crash
- OLYMPICS Team USA will require vaccinations for Winter Olympics hopefuls
- WORLD NEWS La Palma volcano: what will happen when the lava reaches the Atlantic Ocean?
- CHILD TAX CREDIT Why have some parents not received the Child Tax Credit payment; how to claim it?
- Leagues Cup Final Seattle Sounders vs. Club León live updates: scores, stats, and updates | Leagues Cup Final
- Towns stunned after Timberwolves fire president of basketball ops