Real Madrid: No early Odegaard return, says Real Sociedad chief
The president of Real Sociedad, Jokin Aperribay, is confident that Martin Odegaard will see out his two-year loan spell at the Basque club.
The president of Real Sociedad says Martin Odegaard won't be returning to Real Madrid halfway through his two-year loan from Los Blancos, despite suggestions that his impressive form for the Txuri-Urdin could lead him to be recalled by the Bernabéu club this summer.
"Zero chance of Odegaard going to Real Madrid"
Speaking to Spanish radio station Cadena SER a day after the Norwegian helped La Real knock his parent club out of the Copa del Rey, Jokin Aperribay said: "Odegaard is very happy after yesterday's game against Madrid. We're going to focus on the here and now for the moment; his future is an issue for another day.
"[But] there's zero chance of him going to Real Madrid [at the end of the season]."
"We expect Odegaard to be with us for two years"
Earlier on Friday, however, Aperribay had adopted a less definitive stance on Odegaard's future, describing Madrid as a "gentlemanly club" as he told reporters: "I'm confident the agreement we have is going to be fulfilled.
"The player belongs to Real Madrid and if they asked to talk, we'd all have to sit down and listen to what each side has to say. But we expect Odegaard to be with us for two years."
Real Sociedad draw Mirandés after stunning Madrid
Real Sociedad will face Mirandés in the Copa del Rey semi-finals after goals by Odegaard, Alexander Isak (two) and Mikel Merino saw the Basques claim a surprise 4-3 win at the Bernabéu on Thursday evening.
Te recomendamos en English
- GAMING Where to buy PS5 at Black Friday: restock times and deals at Walmart, GameStop, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Stimulus check: what to do if the deadline has passed?
- THANKSGIVING Bank opening hours on Thanksgiving 2020: Bank of America, Citi, Wells Fargo, JP Morgan, Goldman Sachs
- US NEWS How to cook turkey - recipes for Thanksgiving: time, temperature in oven, seasoning...
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: why are economists calling for a new payment?
- Thanksgiving Stores opening hours in Thanksgiving 2020: Walmart, Target, Costco...