Real Madrid: Salisu at the top of Zidane's list
Madrid have been keeping tabs on the Valladolid centre-back, whose release clause is a snip at 12 million euros. Atlético and Man United have also made enquiries.
The form of Valladolid's centre-back Mohammed Salisu has put numerous big clubs around Europe on the alert, including Real Madrid.
Valladolid's defensive record
The 20-year-old has quickly become a key component in Sergio's side as they fight to stay in Spain's top flight, with their problems stemming more from a lack of goals (only 19 in 23 games) than at the back - they have only conceded 25 this season, largely due to Salisu.
Real Madrid on the alert
Real Madrid are one such club on the alert and a release clause of only 12 million euros makes him an attractive proposition for the future given his age and talent. Moreover, he fits the player profile Madrid have been signing in recent seasons - Asensio, Ceballos, Lunin, Odegaard, Kubo… In fact, the first example of this policy was another defender, Raphael Varane, who was bought via Zidane's recommendation for 10 million euros from Lens in the summer of 2011.
Madrid, however, know they face competition to sign the 20-year-old this summer - Atlético have also made enquiries, as have Manchester United, while Valencia and Getafe have also shown an interest in the past - but Los Blancos are confident they will be first in line due to the amicable relationship between Florentino Pérez and Ronaldo Nazario.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- UNITED STATES $1,400 third stimulus check updates today: when is it coming, What Biden said about it, eligibility, IRS tax | Live