Real Madrid-Barcelona: El Clasico set for Las Vegas in 2020 ICC
The International Champions Cup wants to repeat El Clásico over the pond after the 2017 game in Miami and is eyeing the Allegiant Stadium.
The 2020 edition of the International Champions Cup wants to stage a Clásico between Real Madrid and Barcelona in Las Vegas, according to a report in the Washington Post. The annual summer friendly tournament staged a Clásico encounter in Miami in 2017 and is confident of repeating the success of that match in Sin City this summer.
The proposed ground for the game is the Allegiant Stadium, a $1.9b development currently underway to house the Oakland Raiders, who are due to relocate to Vegas. The Clásico would serve as the curtain raiser to inaugurate the new stadium. Another possible location for the game is the Vegas option does not come to fruition is the SoFi Stadium in Los Angeles, home to the Los Angeles Rams and the Los Angeles Chargers.
Real Madrid-Barcelona "not finalised" says ICC organiser
“We are always exploring compelling matches, but at this time, no ICC matches are finalized,” Ben Sosenko, spokesman for the tournament organiser, Relevent Sports Group, was quoted as saying in the Washington Post.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Who plays on Thursday Night Football? NFL | Week 7
- SOCCER Hernán ‘Bolillo’ Gómez to be appointed as Honduras' new manager
- SOCCER Mexico's new logo gets leaked ahead of the World Cup
- NBA Boston Celtics 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA 76ers' Doc Rivers speaks on Ben Simmons, again
- MLB Braves vs. Dodgers live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series