Inter Miami reactivates talks with Roger Martinez
Now that Club America has made it very clear that they will not count on Roger Martinez this season, Inter Miami could make him a franchise player
Inter Miami have a couple of weeks left to sign their last franchise player prior to the beginning of their debut season in Major League Soccer. After learning about the current situation between Roger Martinez and Club America, David Beckam’s team could make a last offer for the Colombian striker.
Martinez declared last week that he wanted to stay in America but his situation has not improved and he hasn’t played a single game this semester. Paul McDonough, sports director of Inter Miami confirmed to ESPN that they are in talks with the Colombian striker.
“We have been talking with Martinez, but we have yet to reach an agreement with him so we hope we can do it before the beginning of the season,” McDonough said.
Since Roger Martinez is well aware of his situation with Club America, the 25-year-old could be willing to play with Inter Miami, who already made an offer of $15 million in January.
Miguel Herrera has been instructed not to use Martinez
Club America’s head coach has been instructed by the bosses not to use Roger Martinez at all until his situation has been resolved.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem