Real Madrid: Bale leaves training early after stomach problems
Luka Jovic and the Welsh winger were both absent for Wednesday's session as Zinedine Zidane prepares his side to face Levante on Saturday.
Real Madrid continues to prepare this Saturday's meeting against Levante but the big news of Wednesday's morning session was the absence of Gareth Bale and Luka Jovic, both because of gastroenteritis.
Bale and Jovic with stomach issues
The Welsh player arrived, as usual, in Valdebebas first thing. He didn't last though, leaving the facilities by car at around 10:30. The club, via their website, clarified that he was suffering from gastroenteritis. On Tuesday he had also missed out on working with the group.
Both Marco Asensio and Mariano remained out due to injury, although the striker is unlikely to form any part of Zidane's plans and is only still with the club because he refused to leave in the transfer window.
Los Blancos face Levante with only a single point advantage in LaLiga over rivals Barcelona, but thoughts will no doubt already be drifting to the huge games that lie ahead against Man City in the Champions League and Bareclona in the Bernabéu Clásico. Despite no margin for error, the French coach may use some fringe players this weekend, and he'll also be hoping that the respective crises at the other elite clubs causes them to take their eye of the ball.
Te recomendamos en English
- Coronavirus Coronavirus USA live updates: news, cases, deaths and stimulus checks, today
- Latest News What's happening between Fortnite, Apple and Google? Can I keep playing on my phone?
- Coronavirus Stimulus check: will I get another payment before 2021?
- BARCELONA 2-BAYERN 8 Bartomeu: We'll make decisions in the next few days; many had already been made
- Champions League "Shame": Pique says "I will be first to step aside" after humiliating Barcelona defeat
- MLS MLS commissioner supports players kneeling during the national anthem