Real Madrid: Bale leaves training early after stomach problems
Luka Jovic and the Welsh winger were both absent for Wednesday's session as Zinedine Zidane prepares his side to face Levante on Saturday.
Real Madrid continues to prepare this Saturday's meeting against Levante but the big news of Wednesday's morning session was the absence of Gareth Bale and Luka Jovic, both because of gastroenteritis.
Bale and Jovic with stomach issues
The Welsh player arrived, as usual, in Valdebebas first thing. He didn't last though, leaving the facilities by car at around 10:30. The club, via their website, clarified that he was suffering from gastroenteritis. On Tuesday he had also missed out on working with the group.
Both Marco Asensio and Mariano remained out due to injury, although the striker is unlikely to form any part of Zidane's plans and is only still with the club because he refused to leave in the transfer window.
Los Blancos face Levante with only a single point advantage in LaLiga over rivals Barcelona, but thoughts will no doubt already be drifting to the huge games that lie ahead against Man City in the Champions League and Bareclona in the Bernabéu Clásico. Despite no margin for error, the French coach may use some fringe players this weekend, and he'll also be hoping that the respective crises at the other elite clubs causes them to take their eye of the ball.
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS How can I register to vote in New Jersey?
- USMNT Christian Pulisic is ‘really suffering’ after ankle injury setbacks
- MLS Landon Donovan rejects the Real Salt Lake managerial job
- SOCCER Barcelona close to agreeing new Ansu Fati contract - Koeman
- NBA Milwaukee Bucks 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades
- NBA Los Angeles Lakers 21/22: roster, new signings, cuts and trades