David Beckham and Rodolfo Pizarro out for dinner ahead of Inter Miami’s debut
Inter Miami’s latest franchise player met up with the team's owner David Beckham ahead of their debut in MLS against Los Angeles Football Club.
Rodolfo Pizarro left Monterrey to become the star player at Inter Miami in their debut season in Major League Soccer. And before taking the flight to LA, California the team, including Pizarro, had dinner hosted by none other than franchise owner David Beckham.
Believe it or not this was the first time Rodolfo Pizarro met David Beckham after they announced his signing a few weeks ago, because the midfielder joined the team straight away during their preseason camp under manager Diego Alonso.
Even though this was the first time they met in person, they had already talked on the phone with the former England captain calling Pizarro while he was still with Monterrey to convince him to join his team and play in the MLS.
The 26-year-old posted a picture with the boss in his Instagram stories and both seem delighted to be in together ahead of the first official game in Inter Miami’s history.
Rodolfo Pizarro already making a difference with his new club
Since he arrived at Inter Miami Pizarro has made it very clear that he wanted to help build the history of the team; that's one of the reasons David Beckham brought him to the club. So far the ex-Pachuca player has already scored the first goal in the history of the team, during their 2-1 defeat to Philadelphia Union in their first preseason game.
Their debut in MLS is not going to be an easy one, with their visit to LAFC - the best team in the regular season last year - on Sunday, March 1st at the Banc of California stadium.
Te recomendamos en English
- ENTERTAINMENT Global Citizen 2021 live online: singers, performances and concerts
- GOVERNMENT SHUTDOWN 2021 Why is the White House planning for a government shutdown?
- FOURTH STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: how many signatures does the petition for the new payment have?
- SERIE A Honours even between Inter and Atalanta at San Siro
- PREMIER LEAGUE Enthralling Brentford-Liverpool clash ends with honours even
- SOCCER Man City: Guardiola "proud" after breaking record in Chelsea win