Juventus vs Inter and four other Serie A games postponed
The spread of the coronavirus in Italy has led to five games that were due to be played behind closed doors being postponed until 13 May.
Five Serie A games have been called off this weekend, including the top-of-the-table clash between Juventus and Inter Milan, due to the spread of the Covid-19 coronavirus in northern Italy.
Several games across the Italian divisions were affected last weekend after a spike in reported cases of the virus in the Lombardy region, to which the Italian authorities reacted by placing travel restrictions and other measures on the affected areas. Inter vs Sampdoria and Torino Vs Parma were postponed among other fixtures.
Five Serie A games off due to spread of Covid-19
OFFICIAL | #JuveInter has been postponed until Wednesday 13th May 2020, in compliance with the "Urgent measures for the containment and management of the epidemiological emergency of COVID-19".— JuventusFC (@juventusfcen) February 29, 2020
Here is the communication from Lega @SerieA ➡️ https://t.co/NMo158nDGs pic.twitter.com/H3TAe6SXqu
The Serie A games that have been postponed this weekend are: Juventus vs Inter; AC Milan vs Genoa; Parma vs SPAL; Udinese vs Fiorentina and Sassuolo vs Brescia. The games, which were originally going to be played behind closed doors, have been slated to be staged on 13 May.
According to the latest figures available from worldometer.com, there have now been 85,691 cases of Covid-19 reported worldwide, with 2,933 fatalities. In Italy, the third worst-affected country worldwide, there had been 889 confirmed cases up to midday on 29 February, resulting in 21 deaths.
Te recomendamos en English
- PREMIER LEAGUE Man City had "considerable chance" to land Ronaldo, says Fernandinho
- CORONAVIRUS | MANDATES How many Americans does Biden's vaccine mandate apply to?
- NFL NFL Fantasy Picks: Recommendations for Week 2
- NFL Baltimore's Jackson says Sunday's game vs. KC "not about me and Mahomes"
- NFL Cowboys lose fourth starter in a week after Lawrence breaks foot
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Real Madrid player ratings vs Inter Milan