Chicharito nowhere to be found in his Galaxy debut vs Dynamo
Javier Hernandez was the captain for LA Galaxy in his debut but he could do little to help his new team get the three points in their visit to Houston.
On Saturday 29 February, Javier “Chicharito” Hernandez played his first Major League Soccer game with Los Angeles Galaxy, away at Houston Dynamo to mark the beginning of the 2020 season.
The Mexican striker started the game and was the team’s captain. Galaxy took the lead thanks to a great individual goal from Cristian Pavon at the 12th minute but failed to score more and in the second half Dynamo levelled for the final 1-1 score.
Hernandez didn’t have a good game across the 90 minutes that he played. He was hardly getting the ball inside the box so that forced him to drop back a lot to be more influential for the team. There were some crosses delivered to him but he couldn’t get solid contact with the ball to score his first goal in MLS.
The best play of the game for Chicharito occurred in the 66th minute when he received a through ball, dribbled past some defenders and gave a great pass to Joe Corona who failed to score the winning goal.
The next game for LA Galaxy will be on Saturday 7 March when they welcome Vancouver White Caps to the Dignity Health Sports Park.
Jonathan dos Santos missed the season opener
LA Galaxy suffered many injuries during the preseason and one of the main players that got hurt was Jonathan dos Santos who was able to train with the team this week but needs to improve his physical condition to be considered by Guillermo Barros Schelotto.
Te recomendamos en English
- INTERNATIONAL WOMEN'S DAY International Women's Day: meaning, origin and why it's celebrated today
- FOOTBALL Mourinho: Bale over psychological scars of past injuries
- IWD2021 What is the International Women’s Day 2021 theme?
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 Giannis wasn't focused on perfect performance after MVP display inspires Team LeBron
- NBA ALL-STAR 2021 LeBron 'in awe' of Antetokounmpo and Curry
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: who gets the payment, how much, who qualifies, IRS tax | Live