Nadal wins 85th ATP Tour title with Acapulco success
Rafael Nadal was too good for Taylor Fritz, winning his third Mexican Open title and the 85th ATP tour title of his career.
Rafael Nadal secured his 85th ATP Tour title with a resounding win over Taylor Fritz in the Mexican Open final on Saturday. The Spaniard proved too good for Fritz winning 6-3 6-2 in just 74 minutes in the decider in Acapulco.
Third Mexican crown for Nadal
Nadal won the ATP 500 title for a third time and first since the event changed from clay to hard-court in 2014. The 19-time grand slam champion did not drop a set at this year's tournament on his way to a first title of 2020.
Nadal only lost nine points on serve in his victory, while managing three breaks in a comfortable win over the American. The 33-year-old grabbed a break in the eighth game of the first set before winning five straight in the second on his way to the title.
Only Jimmy Connors (109), Roger Federer (103) and Ivan Lendl (94) have won more ATP Tour titles than Nadal's 85 in the Open Era.
At the Chile Open in Santiago, Casper Ruud will face Thiago Seyboth Wild in the final.
Te recomendamos en English
- European Super League Ceferin launches stinging attack on Florentino Pérez: "He is the president of nothing"
- EUROPEAN SUPER LEAGUE LaLiga title race resumes after big three burn bridges over Super League
- LALIGA Atlético Madrid go top of LaLiga
- SUPERLIGA Real Madrid facing punishment for Super League involvement
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- NBA Curry on record scoring streak: It was a special ride