LAFC will host Cruz Azul amid Coronavirus concerns
According to a close source from AS USA, the doors will remain open for fans to attend the Banc of California for the Quarterfinals of the Concacaf Champions League.
After eliminating Club Leon last week and advancing to the quarter-finals of the Concacaf Champions League, LAFC is ready to host tomorrow another top team of Liga MX Cruz Azul for the first leg at the Banc of California stadium. Due to the outbreak of the Coronavirus in the United States, it led to Los Angeles County declaring a state of emergency last Wednesday and this has impacted many public events such as concerts and live pro sports.
Yesterday many media outlets where reporting that the match between LAFC and Cruz Azul could be played behind closed doors or worst-case scenario be postponed, but according to a close source from AS USA the game is going to be held in normal conditions with the presence of the public.
Also the source from AS USA confirmed that for now there are no major reasons for the game to be held behind closed doors and no later than today the team will release an official statement.
LAFC match against LA GALAXY could be postponed
Earlier this week journalist Kevin Baxter Tweeted that sports teams in L.A. County, including LAFC and the LA Galaxy, have been warned they may be asked to cancel games or play them in empty stadiums after the county declared a health emergency Wednesday to deal with the Coronavirus.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS How much unemployment benefits will I get in New York?
- Coronavirus Are vaccines for covid-19 safe in the long term?
- US NEWS How do I certify for weekly unemployment benefits in New York?
- US News How do I know if my unemployment claim was approved in New York?
- BOXING Mike Tyson weighs in on Logan Paul Floyd Mayweather fight
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $1,100 Golden State stimulus in California eligibility: who qualifies for it?