Official: Renato Ibarra released by Club America
Club America announced on Thursday night that Renato Ibarra is no longer a member of the team due to the domestic violence case he is currently facing.
Club America has decided to release Renato Ibarra only one week after he was arrested and then jailed for allegedly hitting his wife in a case of domestic violence. The team with more league titles in the history of Mexico released a statement confirming the news.
“America does not tolerate any sort of violence from their fans or players and they don’t approve what Renato Ibarra did to his wife and her sister so he will no longer be a part of our team. Since the trial started last week, new information has been informed of what actually happened and that is why America decided to release the player after analyzing all the information.”
Official Statement on Renato Ibarra: pic.twitter.com/Kp18VCJCqJ— Club América EN (@ClubAmerica_EN) March 13, 2020
Also in the same statement America informed that all the players from the first team will take courses that inform them about domestic violence and they will participate in campaigns that abolish any sort of violence.
Renato Ibarra moved from Ecuador to Club America in 2016, where he played 119 games in all competitions and scored a total of 12 goals. He was currently at the end of his contract with the team and won the Apertura 2018 with America.
Te recomendamos en English
- FOOTBALL Eriksen discharged from hospital following heart surgery
- REAL MADRID Ramos' former agent: "You don't mess around with Real Madrid..."
- OLYMPIC GAMES When do the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games start?
- US NEWS What states do not recognize Juneteenth?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Recent research indicates how the stimulus aid was spent and how it helped families
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS California unemployment benefits: is job hunting proof required to apply for aid?