Valencia confirm five positive coronavirus results
Valencia's central defender, Garay, was the first to confirm he had coronavirus but the club have since released a statement confirming more cases.
Ezequial Garay has tested positive for coronavirus. The Valencia player is isolated and doing what the authorities saying. He is the first LaLiga or Segunda player to have tested positive for the virus.
“It’s obvious that 2020 has started on the wrong foot,” he said in an Instagram post. “I have tested positive for coronavirus. I feel fine and now I just have to do what the medical professionals say. I am isolated at the moment.”
Garay ruptured his cruciate knee ligament on the 1 Fabruary and is expected to be out for another six months. Valencia played against Atalanta in the Champions League and also travelled to play Alavés but Garay did not travel with the team on either of those occasions.
Since Garay confirmed he had coronavirus, Valencia have released a statement saying five of their players have contracted the virus.
“Valencia CF inform that five positive cases of the COVID-19 coronavirus have been detected amongst first team staff and players. All of these persons are now at home, in good health and obeying self-isolation measures. Besides providing further information over the coming hours, the club reiterate our support for the health authorities and their social awareness campaigns, and emphasise to all of the population the importance of staying at home and continuing to follow the previously published hygiene and illness-prevention measures.”
Te recomendamos en English
- BOXING Joshua: "No real strategy except for winning" against Usyk
- BOXING Anthony Joshua vs Oleksandr Osyk: date, tickets, venue
- WORLD NEWS How does Evergrande conglomerate put China's housing system in danger of collapse?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Klopp salutes Liverpool ace Minamino and reveals Firmino fitness update
- GOLF Five reasons why we all love the Ryder Cup
- NBA 15-year NBA veteran JJ Redick announces retirement