Real Madrid: Camavinga's value soars after Rennes star's season
Transfermarkt has added €7m to the midfielder's value, making the Real Madrid target the highest-valued under-18 player in the world.
Football stats website Transfermarkt, which estimates the expected fees of players among other information, has added €7m to the transfer value of 17-year-old midfield sensation Eduardo Camavinga, although Rennes are likely to want much more than that for one of the most exciting talents in Europe who has attracted interest from Real Madrid and Borussia Dortmund among others.
Transfermarkt now values Camavinga at €42m, making him the most valuable under-18 player in world football ahead of Barcelona forward Ansu Fati. Camavinga's emergence at Rennes has not gone unnoticed among Europe's big spenders and he has already been rewarded for his club form with his France under-21 international debut last November.
Rennes holding out for €60m for Camavinga
However, Madrid, Dortmund and any other potential suitors will have to dig deeper than Transfermarkt's valuation with Rennes holding out for a fee more in the region of €60m if they decide to business this summer. Dortmund are said to be weighing up a bid of €50m for the midfielder but are unlikely to want to get involved in a bidding war with Madrid, who lack specific cover for Casemiro and have been generally impressed with the dynamism of the 17-year-old as a defensive midfielder and in a more standard central midfield role.
Recommended in English
- NBA Ricky enjoying the present: "It's not a cliché, it's a lifestyle"
- NFL Chiefs record 12th successive win over Broncos
- NFL What happened with Ravens' failed two-point conversion against the Steelers in Week 13
- NFL Patrick Mahomes on what the Kansas City Chiefs need
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Casemiro in no doubt that Mbappé is compatible with Vinicius
- MANCHESTER UNITED Chris Armas: who is the US coach set to join Manchester United?