Coronavirus: Pedro Porro fined for leaving home during quarantine
The footballer lives in a village with plenty of shops and supermarkets but was caught 15km away and the police fined him for flouting the rules.
Manchester City defender, Pedro Porro, who is currently on loan at Real Valladolid, has been fined for going shopping in the centre of Valladolid. The problem is that the player lives in Boecillo, 15 kilometres away from the capital. Police stopped him and fined him €600 for flouting the rules in place during the coronavirus epidemic.
Spain is on lockdown and you are not supposed to leave your house unless it is absolutely necessary.
Porro goes on a rant about police
Porro wrote on Twitter that he lives "in a very small village" before deleting it. There are several shops and supermarkets in the village and thus no need for him to leave. 5 kilometers away in Laguna de Duero there are also options to go shopping. Despite all of this, the footballer felt it necessary to leave the village where almost everyone has been abiding by the rules of quarantine.
"I am very angry the way the speak to people," he said. "The way they order you around is very rude. I just asked that nobody is above anyone else and that respect comes from both sides."
"I say this so that you're warned that even if there's something you need, don't leave your house, things are bad right now," he continued after.
"I don’t care about the fine, but what I won’t put up with is being disrespected. Asking me what I was doing there if I was from Don Benito, Badajoz."
He finished it with a #QuedateEnCasa hashtag meaning #StayAtHome, which is something he obviously didn't do.
Recommended in English
- NFL Joe Burrow: Winning playoff games the standard to meet for the Bengals
- NFL What is Aaron Rodgers' record against the 49ers?
- REAL MADRID Real Madrid's big question: how to fit Erling Haaland and Kylian Mbappé into the same team
- US NEWS Which fast food restaurants accept EBT food stamps?
- 2022 TAX SEASON Are the tax brackets the same if I am retired?
- NFL Titans could activate RB Derrick Henry ahead of Bengals clash