Real Madrid: Arsenal, Lyon, Dortmund tracking Gelabert
The 19-year-old has a contract until 2021 with Real Madrid but has not renewed. Clubs from France, England and Germany are paying close attention.
César Gelabert, one of Real Madrid brightest young talents, is being watched by several big European teams. The 19-year-old finishes his contract with Madrid in 2021 and is attracting interest from England and France.
Lyon have even made an offer for the attacking midfielder but Madrid rejected it as they see him as a future star in their team.
Interest for Gelabert is not limited to just France, however, and Arsenal are also keeping tabs on the player. Mikel Arteta watched him closely when Real Madrid's youth team played against Chelsea and Tottenham (scoring a goal). The Spaniard has taken over at Arsenal and is now back in the hunt for the Madrid man.
Dortmund also eyeing Gelabert
It was the Youth League where Borussia Dortmund fell in love with Jadon Sancho and Alexander Isak. The Germans are keeping an eye on Gelabert too. Those three teams (Lyon, Arsenal and Borussia Dortmund) along with several more from Spain's first and second division have sounded out the situation.
Raúl sees Gelabert as being vital to his Real Madrid Castilla plans. He was the only academy player (from his age group) to join Julen Lopetegui's plans but injury curtailed his chance. For Spain, he is a starter for the 19s and he is hoping to make his debut with the 21s.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Rodgers, Jones give Green Bay first win of season: NFL Week 2 ratings
- NFL Who won Monday Night Football in NFL Week 2?
- NFL The NFL taunting rule is here to stay amidst criticism
- USMNT Sergiño Dest struggled in his return to Barcelona’s starting XI
- BARCELONA Barcelona: Ronald Koeman sacking a matter of when, not if
- Barcelona have to be more united than ever, says Ter Stegen