Donald Trump has now declared disaster in all 50 US states
With a population of over a half a million people, the state of Wyoming was the last to be declared a disaster zone due to the ongoing Covod-19 pandemic.
With President of the United States Donald Trump adding the state of Wyoming to the other 49 states, for the first time in history all 50 US states have been declared as major disaster zones simultaneously.
Wyoming Governor Mark Gordon wrote to the president late last week with the state home to over 500,000 people and having registered more than 200 cases of the coronavirus at that time.
“Though Wyoming has not reached the dire situations of some states, this declaration will help us to prepare and mobilize resources when we need them,” Gordon said.
The president's assistant Jude Deere confirmed that Wyoming had been added to the disaster zone states late on Saturday with the 'peak' cases in the US not expected until late next week despite calls from certain sectors for Trump to "open the country".
🚨With @realDonaldTrump’s declaration for WY, the President has now declared for the 1st time in history that a major disaster exist within all 50 states at once. The President continues to respond to the needs of every Governor to protect the health of all Americans. 🇺🇸 #COVID19— Judd Deere (@JuddPDeere45) April 11, 2020
Current scientific data indicates that the US will reach its peak number of deaths from coronavirus on or around April 16 with Surgeon General Jerome Adams offering a stark warning about what is expected from the next wave of the virus.
“This is going to be our Pearl Harbor moment, our 9/11 moment" he said during an interview with Fox News.
Keep up to date with all the latest on the Covid-19 pandemic with our live blog
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021: medal winners, athletes and results, 24 July
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN How much money can you get from stimulus checks and the Child Tax Credit?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 24 July
- Olympic Games Since when is skate an olympic sport and why?
- OLYMPIC GAMES What is the USA basketball roster for the 2021 Tokyo Olympic Games?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USWNT bounce back in crushing 6-1 New Zealand win