New iPhone SE 2020: price, release date, spec and colours
Apple have announced the iPhone SE 2020 will be released in the middle of the coronavirus pandemic at a more reasonable price than other iPhones.
Four years ago in 2016, Apple launched the iPhone SE line of phones. It was the ninth generation of iPhone and was launched alongside the more expensive 6S and 6S Plus. They launched it as a more reasonably priced phone, the first time they had done such a thing in a decade. It was discontinued in 2018 and talk of an iPhone SE 2 has been rumoured for years.
It will finally be released in the middle of the coronavirus quarantine and will be sold as the iPhone SE 2020. It looks just like an iPhone 8 but has far more powerful specs.The screen is just 4.7 inches, much smaller than the iPhone 11, which has a 6.1 inch screen. It is essentially an iPhone six but with a more powerful camera and processor.
“The first iPhone SE was a hit with many customers who loved its unique combination of small size, high-end performance and affordable price; the new second-generation iPhone SE builds on that great idea and improves on it in every way — including our best-ever single-camera system for great photos and videos — while still being very affordable,” said Phil Schiller, Apple’s senior vice president of Worldwide Marketing.
"Fastest chip in a smartphone"
They have also included the "Apple-designed A13 Bionic, the fastest chip in a smartphone, to handle the most demanding tasks."
"iPhone SE features the industry-leading performance of A13 Bionic that enables great battery life, takes stunning Portrait mode and Smart HDR photos, shoots amazing videos with stereo audio, is great for games and super fast web surfing, and is built with the same industry-leading security features our customers expect. We can’t wait to get iPhone SE into customers’ hands," Schiller said on their website.
The A13 chip is optimised for the most demanding tasks such as photography, gaming and augmented reality. The HDR photography used takes several photos and combines them into one for ideal lighting, detail and exposure.
It's a more 'retro' and compact version of recent models and has a home screen button, something which many Apple users missed in more recent releases.
iPhone SE prices
- iPhone SE 2020 64GB: 489 euros
- iPhone SE 2020 128GB: 539 euros
- iPhone SE 2020 256GB: 659 euros
It will be released on 24 April on the company's web site and in stores and will be available in 40 countries around the world on that date. You can order it from the 17 April though.
Te recomendamos en English
- Entertainment The Oscars 2021: when are nominations announced and when is the ceremony?
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks $1,400 third stimulus check: do any Republicans support the bill?
- American Rescue Plan Act of 2021 $400 unemployment benefits: how long has the House extended them?
- PLAYSTATION How to download Ratchet & Clank for free on PS4 & PS5: dates, times & availability
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Why was there a proposal for a $10,000 stimulus check and could it pass?
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 $400 new weekly unemployment benefits: when are they coming?