$1,200 stimulus check vs $2,000 proposed by Democrats: what would be the difference?
The Democratic party have launched an initiative proposing a new $2,000 stimulus check to every American over 16 who makes less than $130,000.
The United States Government continues to seek solutions to the economic crisis prompted by the Covid-19 pandemic with the country experiencing the highest number of positive cases in the world with over 845,000 coronavirus infected patients at the time of writing.
The Democratic representatives of California and Ohio, Ro Khana and Tim Ryan; have launched a proposal for a new stimulus check to continue financial aid to all affected Americans; This new stimulus check will run under the name "Emergency Money for the People Act", which, if approved, would grant beneficiaries the amount of $2,000 per month.
The differences between the $1,200 and $2,000 stimulus checks
All US citizens over the age of 16 whose annual income is less than $130,000 may request this second stimulus check. The aid is also available to families who can apply for the check if their income is less than $60,000.
The $1,200 stimulus payment is a one-time payment, and the $2,000 stimulus payment is being proposed as a guaranteed monthly payment for a minimum of six months. College students and disabled persons aren’t eligible for the $1,200 payment if they can be counted as a dependent on someone else’s tax return. However, with the $2,000 payment, college students and disable persons would actually be able to receive the payment regardless of dependent status.
Live coverage of the coronavirus pandemic
You can follow the latest developments in the Covid-19 crisis with our daily live blog.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane