Leo Messi donates further €500,000 to the fight against Covid-19
The Barcelona star is giving half-a-million euros to the Fundación Garrahan to help in the battle to control the coronavirus in Argentina.
Leo Messi, through his Messi Foundation, is donating €500,000 to the campaign “Together for the Health of Argentina” (Juntos por la Salud Argentina), promoted by the Fundación Garrahan during the Covid-19 pandemic. The money will go to buy PPE (Personal Protective Equipment” for healthcare professionals and for other equipment needed to fight the coronavirus.
Messi stumps up for the fight against Covid-19
The money will be used to acquire respirators, monitors, breathing pumps and computers at the following hospitals: Hospital José María Cullen (Santa Fe), Hospital Provincial del Centenario (Rosario), Hospital de Pediatría Garrahan, Hospital del Bicentenario de Esteban Echeverría (Prov. de Buenos Aires), Hospital de Alta Complejidad Cuenca Alta (Cañuelas, Prov. de Buenos Aires), Hospital Zonal de Agudos Gral. Constituyentes 'Manuel Belgrano' (San Martín, Prov. de Buenos Aires).
Messi has already made several donations to the fight against Covid-19, including a donation of €1 million to hospitals in Barcelona and Argentina.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo Olympics 2021 medal count updates: who has won more? Tally by country, today, 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT: How many Olympic medals does Carli Lloyd have?
- PREMIER LEAGUE Alexander-Arnold signs long-term extension with Liverpool
- OLYMPIC GAMES | TRACK AND FIELD How many olympic medals has Allyson Felix won in her career?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER USWNT 2(4)-2(2) Netherlands summary: score, goals, highlights | Tokyo Olympics 2020
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes