Cappa: "Hugo Sánchez has a higher football IQ than Cristiano Ronaldo"
Angel Cappa, who was part of Real Madrid’s coaching staff back in the 90s, says the former Mexican striker was smarter on the pitch than Ronaldo.
Angel Cappa was part of Real Madrid’s coaching staff when Jorge Valdano was leading the project in the early 90s. The former manager was interviewed by Record in Portugal and asked about two legends that played in the Santiago Bernabéu: Cristiano Ronaldo and Hugo Sanchez.
As one of the biggest clubs in the world, Real Madrid attracts players who are desperate to make history there and leave a legacy. Hugo Sánchez played at Real Madrid from 1985 to 1992 scoring a total of 208 goals in 282 official matches. Cristiano Ronaldo played from 2009 to 2018 breaking many records by scoring 451 goals in 438 games.
Angel Cappa has seen both players and had this to say when asked to compare the players: “Cristiano is a very complete player because he can score with both feet, from a free-kick and a header. We saw what he did in Madrid for 9 years, but I think Hugo Sánchez was cleverer inside the box. I was behind the goal when I saw the movements Sánchez did to get rid of the defenders and score goals…”
“Hugo Sanchez was so good at tricking defenders without the ball and that is key for a striker if he wants to succeed in a big club like Real Madrid,” said Kappa.
La Liga ready to return
La Liga has set 12 June as the restart date to continue with the 2019-20 campaign after it got postponed due to the coronavirus pandemic. Since last week teams such as Barcelona and Real Madrid have returned to training as the health authorities are closely monitoring the situation after several clubs reported new Covid-19 cases after returning to the turf.
Te recomendamos en English
- BORUSSIA M. 2 - REAL MADRID 2 Real Madrid: Benzema hits out at Vinícius, according to Téléfoot
- Barcelona aiming to end Juventus hoodoo, Mbappe eyes more away-day joy – Champions League in Opta numbers
- European Super League European Super League: a "hostile takeover" of Champions League
- FOOTBALL Manchester United to move for Leipzig's Upamecano - rumour has it
- MLB Dodgers beat Rays to end 32-year World Series drought
- US ELECTIONS 2020 Who are the candidates for 2020 US Elections besides Trump and Biden?