Second stimulus check of $6,000: how much would couples and children receive?
The Democrats are pushing for a $3 trillion relief package to help families through the financial hardship during the Covid-19 pandemic, with an increase for those with children.
US officials continue to look for an agreement over the next stage of support to help Americans and business through the financial challenges imposed upon them by the coronavirus pandemic. One of the latest proposals coming from the Democrats would see households receive $6,000 with families benefiting the most.
Couples and child benefits
The $3 trillion relief package being put forward would provide people earning up to $75,000 annually with $1,200, with the figures doubled for couples without children. However, unlike the payments that were approved by Congress in March, this bill would also offer $1,200 for each dependent child under the age of 17 (max. 3) rather than $500.
It has been given the name ‘The Heroes Act’ and you can read about the rest of its features here. Obviously, for this proposal to become a reality it will need agreement from Republicans, and from everything that has been said thus far, it is going to take some turnaround.
What is Trump's position on a second round of stimulus checks? - read
USA: Proposals for a second stimulus check - read
Differences between the CARES Act and the Heroes Act - read
What is the new $5,000 voluntary loan proposal? - read
Te recomendamos en English
- US NEWS Why is the social security Cost-of-Living Adjustment for 2022 projected at 6.0% to 6.1%?
- NFL Injury struck Baltimore Ravens face the Kansas City Chiefs
- Emmy Awards 2021 How are Emmy awards chosen?
- EMMY AWARDS 2021 2021 Emmy Awards: Times, TV, how to stream and watch online
- PREMIER LEAGUE Liverpool's Klopp gives lowdown after win over Crystal Palace
- LIGUE 1 PSG vs Lyon, how and where to watch - Messi home debut, times, TV, online