2020 All-Star Game between MLS and Liga MX stars has been postponed
For the first time in history the best players from MLS and Liga MX were going to face each other but due to Covid-19 pandemic the game will be rearranged.
Los Angeles Football Club (LAFC) and Major League Soccer (MLS) announced today that the 2020 MLS All-Star Game, originally scheduled to take place on 29 July at Banc of California stadium, has been postponed because of the coronavirus pandemic.
As part of the MLS' 25th anniversary celebrations, the best players of MLS would take on the best players of Liga MX in an All-Star event in Los Angeles. It would have been the first time in history that such an event would have been staged.
The MLS also confirmed that the Leagues Cup and the Campeones Cup have also been postponed - all three events are expected to resume in 2021 at the same venue, LAFC’s stadium.
Campeones Cup and Leagues Cup cancelled
This year it would’ve been the third edition of the Campeones Cup, the winner of the MLS Cup facing the winner of Liga MX’s Campeón de Campeones, but after several discussions the bosses from MLS and Liga MX decided to cancel the game.
Both leagues have decided to cancel the second edition of the Leagues Cup, which this year featured double the number of participating teams (from eight to 16). Earlier this year, MLS and Liga MX had confirmed that eight teams from each league would participate in instant knockout ties that had been scheduled from 21 July to 16 September.
For the fans who already bought tickets
Tickets to the highly anticipated All-Star had not gone on sale but tickets to the All-Star Skills Challenge had via Ticketmaster although fans who had bought tickets will automatically be refunded.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Denver Broncos at NFL Draft 2021: Which players could they pick?
- UFC Dana White wants UFC to return to Mexico
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN IRS $3,000 child tax credit: when will the monthly payments begin?
- EARTH DAY 2021 What is the Earth Day and why it's celebrated today?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Will the IRS send supplemental payments to 2020 tax filers?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECK Fourth stimulus check: what entities are pressuring Biden to make a new payment?