George Floyd Obituary: how to sign the guestbook
Legacy.com is hosting an online memorial page for 46-year-old George Floyd, who died unarmed and handcuffed, at the hands of the Minneapolis police on 25 May.
The protests over the killing of George Floyd, a 46-year-old black man, who died when Minneapolis police officer Derek Chauvin knelt on his neck for nearly nine minutes have swept across the US and been taken up around the globe. But, while his death has sparked demonstrations about police brutality in the United States, many want to pay their respects to the man himself.
Described as a "gentle giant" by people who knew him, a father, a friend... a man who died at the hands of the police, who had a duty of care to protect him. And all because he was suspected of using a counterfeit $20 bill. A claim it appears the police never even checked before arresting him. As the owner of the grocery store said, Floyd "may not even have known that the bill was counterfeit".
Pay your respects to George Floyd on Legacy.com
For those that want to pay their respects in person, online, Legacy.com have a tribute page for George Floyd. The obituary, written by Legacy.com staff, is, as expected, an emotional read, with quotes taken from statements the people who knew him made to the press.
"He was everyone's favorite everything," said Floyd's cousin Tera Brown.
Floyd's partner Courteney Ross: "He was not only the man I loved, but the man I admired. He taught me how to be a better person."
His childhood friend Christopher Harris: "If he had a stamp and it had his signature on it, it would be his smile. It literally lit up a room."
- Derek Chauvin charged with murder and manslaughter
- Where does Trump's 'when the looting starts...' quote come from?
- George Floyd killing: the four police officers
- George Floyd protests
- How a suspected counterfeit $20 bill led to protests across the US
- When did #BlackLivesMatter start?
- Rayshard Brooks: police shooting in Atlanta declared a homicide
"Everybody loved Floyd," said his employer Jovanni Thunstrom of Conga Latin Bistro said. "We all have good memories of him."
Innumerable tributes to George Floyd
The page does not show how many people have signed the guest book, but suffice it to say that you could be scrolling for a very long time before you reach the end.
To sign George Floyd's Guest Book all you need to do is to leave your comment and add your name and address. At this moment, the only addresses the website is accepting are those in the United States, although it would appear some people are using an American location although they may not live there.
You will also have to say what your relationship to George Floyd was. It would appear that people who did not know him are choosing to say that they were a "Friend" of Floyd.
The site optionally allows you to send your email address.
After posting your comment, Legacy.com will ask for up to 24 hours to review your comment for appropriate content.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane