Real Madrid: Sergio Ramos playing at new Bernabéu would be "perfect retirement" - agent
As the Bernabéu stadium undergoes renovation work, Sergio Ramos' brother and agent, René, discussed the Real Madrid captain's future.
The brother and agent of Sergio Ramos says playing at the redeveloped Bernabéu would be the "perfect retirement" for the Real Madrid captain.
Veteran Ramos' Real Madrid future remains uncertain
Ramos' current contract expires in 2021 and the 34-year-old defender's future with Madrid is far from certain.
The Madrid star and Spain skipper has won four LaLiga titles and as many Champions League crowns among other honours since joining from Sevilla in 2005.
As Madrid's iconic Bernabéu stadium undergoes renovation work, René Ramos addressed the centre-back's future in the Spanish capital.
"He wants to keep going as long as he can," Rene told Onda Cero. "Playing at the New Bernabéu would be the perfect retirement for him.
"Physically, he's fine and he's champing at the bit [ahead of LaLiga returning]."
Ramos had made 25 LaLiga appearances and scored five goals this season, playing 34 matches across all competitions.
Real Madrid to resume LaLiga campaign against Eibar
The 2019-20 LaLiga season is set to resume on 11 June after the campaign was postponed in March due to the coronavirus pandemic.
Madrid were two points behind bitter rivals and defending champions Barcelona with 11 matches remaining at the time of postponement.
Zinedine Zidane's Madrid are set to host Eibar on 14 June.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL How and where to watch Patriots vs. Jets
- NFL How and where to watch Bears vs. Bucs
- PREMIER LEAGUE Manchester United vs Liverpool: times, TV and how to watch online
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: why is this game called El Clásico?
- LIGUE 1 Marseille vs PSG: times, TV and how to watch online
- MLB Dodgers vs. Braves live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series