Real Madrid: Zidane suffers injury blow as Nacho injures thigh
Real Madrid boss Zinedine Zidane has suffered his first pre-resumption injury, with utility man Nacho Fernández hurting his thigh in training.
Nacho Fernández is a doubt for Real Madrid's first LaLiga match in over three months after suffering a thigh injury. Madrid are due to resume their season against Eibar on Sunday, having not played since losing 2-1 at Real Betis on March 8, with the coronavirus-enforced suspension coming into force soon after that.
With matches to come thick and fast over the coming month, as teams prepare for weekend and midweek fixtures, squad depth could be more crucial than ever.
Nacho, who has already missed a chunk of the season through injury, was likely to enjoy an increase in playing time in the final weeks of the campaign as Zinedine Zidane juggles his defenders to keep them fresh.
Nacho out for Liga return
But he is now a doubt for at least their first game back, with Madrid yet to confirm how serious the muscular injury is.
A statement read: "After the tests carried out on our player Nacho Fernandez by the Real Madrid medical services, he has been diagnosed with a muscle injury in the right anterior rectum [thigh]."
Madrid are two points behind pace setters Barcelona prior to LaLiga recommencing.
Te recomendamos en English
- 2021 Halloween costume ideas for kids: Cruella, Squid Game, umbrella costumes and more...
- US NEWS What benefits can you get in California? Social security, unemployment, others...
- SOCCER | REAL MADRID Real Madrid on red alert for Manchester United's Paul Pogba
- EL CLÁSICO Barcelona vs Real Madrid: what is El Clásico's new logo?
- EL CLASICO Which player has scored the most goals in El Clásico history? All time top scorers
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS $2000 stimulus check for every American: how many people support the proposal? can it happen?