Real Madrid: Florentino Pérez visits squad ahead of LaLiga restart
The president of Los Blancos went to see Zinedine Zidane, Sergio Ramos and the rest of the team as they trained ahead of their LaLiga return.
The Real Madrid president, Florentino Pérez, popped across to the Ciudad Deportiva de Valdebebas on Friday to give his support to the squad before Los Blancos get their league campaign back up and running on Sunday evening against Eibar at the Alfredo Di Stéfano stadium.
Pérez visits Real Madrid training
The club chief had already checked in on both the football and basketball squads on 21 May during the break in play due to coronavirus, and headed to the Valdebebas training facilities accompanied by general director José Ángel Sánchez.
Both watched the training session from one of the dugouts of the Di Stefano stadium, as Zidane scheduled the training at the same time of day as the game on Sunday, the aim being to acclimatise the players to the summer aspect of the competition, after more than three months out. Before the start of the session, Florentino spoke briefly with Zidane, greeting him with the ‘new handshake’, a bump of the elbows, and he also had a few words with the first team captain, Sergio Ramos, who is yet to discuss a new contract.
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Will unemployment benefits be extended after May unemployment rates?
- NBA PLAYOFFS Clippers' Chris Paul allowed back for Game 3 after covid issue
- US NEWS What's the Blue Alert? why was it activated in Florida?
- BOXING Who is fighting in Tyson Fury vs Deontay Wilder undercard?
- US NEWS $500 tax rebates: which New Jersey residents will receive the money?
- CORONAVIRUS STIMULUS CHECKS Fourth Stimulus Check: Why is another payment not included in the bipartisan infrastructure bill?