The United States is losing the battle against Covid-19
The United States sets another single-day record for new coronavirus cases as many states are reopening their economies amid the pandemic.
On Thursday the United States saw 39,327 new coronavirus cases as reported by state health departments which that number surpasses the previous single-day record of 38,115, which was set just the day before. The states that keep reporting an alarming increase of cases are Texas, Alabama, Missouri, California, Arizona, North Carolina and Nevada.
Texas leading the way...the wrong way
Texas was one of the first states that decided to reopen its economy and end their quarantine period and now they reported 5,996 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, surpassing Wednesday’s short-lived record of 5,551. The state's rolling average now sits at 4,581, which is not only a new record, but is 340% more than it was a month ago.
California, Texas and Florida combined have reported 34,720 new coronavirus cases, their third highest number of cases reported in one day since the beginning of the outbreak in the United States. Those three states now account for 27.4% of the 328 million people in the country according to the latest US Census Bureau estimates.
At the time of writing, the United States had a total of 2.47 million confirmed Covid-19 cases, 765,000 have recovered and 126,000 have died from the virus. New York still holds the highest volume with a total of 391,000 confirmed cases and California is now in second place with a total of 196,000 cases.
Brazil can’t stop the virus
In South America, Brazil is seeing a similar situation to the United States because they can’t seem to control the number of cases amid the pandemic. In the last 24 hours they have reported a total of 39,483 new confirmed coronavirus cases and 1,141 deaths. People are looking at both countries and wondering what similarities there may be with the leaders.
Te recomendamos en English
- Ronaldo makes history to keep Pirlo believing in Juve's Scudetto chances
- Coronavirus Stimulus Checks Third stimulus check: updates on relief bill Senate negotiation
- 2021 Tax Filing Tax Return 2021: how long does it take to get refund? Expected dates
- AMERICAN RESCUE PLAN ACT OF 2021 When will the IRS send out the enhanced Child Tax Credit?
- 2021 Tax Filing How to claim a stimulus check from the IRS on a 2020 tax return
- US NEWS Third stimulus check updates today: when will Senate vote on it? | Will it arrive in March & IRS tax return | Live