India's PM Garib Kalyan Yojana extended: info & where to apply
To help people cope with the impact of Covid-19, the Indian has government announced the extension of the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana relief package.
In March, the Indian government announced a Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana relief package worth Rs 1.70 lakh crore, in its bid to support farmers and people with limited resources who were seriously hit by Covid-19 pandemic complications.
Relief package extended until November, Modi announces
Now, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has revealed that the PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana aid is to be extended for five more months, until the end of November.
Families to be provided with wheat and rice
Modi said that the government will spend Rs 90,000 crore in its attempt to lift some burdens off the shoulders of people with lower resources. The package aims to grant at least 80 crore people free grains during the lockdown period the country is experiencing, with 5 kg of wheat and rice distributed to families every month.
More information on the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020, such as beneficiary schemes, eligibility criteria and the status of applications, can be found on the Indian government's website.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana was first launched by India's government in 2016, so that taxpayers could forgo prosecution by declaring their illegal money and paying a 50% penalty on their unaccounted incomes.
Te recomendamos en English
- FIFA No harm, no foul between Mexico and Honduras after the 90 minutes.
- COPA AMERICA Brazil vs Venezuela: covid-19 chaos as La Vinotinto face up to tall task
- US News Unemployment benefits: How many fraudulent claims were made and how much money was stolen?
- E3 2021 PC Gaming Show at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Square Enix conference at E3 2021: times, stream and how to watch
- E3 2021 Microsoft Xbox + Bethesda conference at E3 2021: times, stream online and how to watch