India's PM Garib Kalyan Yojana extended: info & where to apply
To help people cope with the impact of Covid-19, the Indian has government announced the extension of the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana relief package.
In March, the Indian government announced a Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Yojana relief package worth Rs 1.70 lakh crore, in its bid to support farmers and people with limited resources who were seriously hit by Covid-19 pandemic complications.
Relief package extended until November, Modi announces
Now, Prime Minister Narendra Modi has revealed that the PM Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana aid is to be extended for five more months, until the end of November.
Families to be provided with wheat and rice
Modi said that the government will spend Rs 90,000 crore in its attempt to lift some burdens off the shoulders of people with lower resources. The package aims to grant at least 80 crore people free grains during the lockdown period the country is experiencing, with 5 kg of wheat and rice distributed to families every month.
More information on the PM Garib Kalyan Yojana 2020, such as beneficiary schemes, eligibility criteria and the status of applications, can be found on the Indian government's website.
PM Garib Kalyan Yojana was first launched by India's government in 2016, so that taxpayers could forgo prosecution by declaring their illegal money and paying a 50% penalty on their unaccounted incomes.
Te recomendamos en English
- NETFLIX What's coming to Netflix in December 2020 and what's leaving: movies, tv series...
- BOXING When was the Mike Tyson last fight and what was the result?
- Coronavirus When is the coronavirus vaccine arriving in the US according to Trump?
- GAMING Where to buy the Xbox Series X|S on Black Friday: restock times & deals at GameStop, Walmart, Kohls, Best Buy, Target, Amazon...
- BOXING Mike Tyson vs Roy Jones Jr: dates, fight card, PPV price, TV and how to watch online
- Real Madrid-Atlético Madrid Carvajal hands Zidane a fresh problem for Atletico derby