Ghanaian minister resigns after breaching self-isolation rules
Ghanaian minister found himself forced to resign after he violated self-isolation protocol.
Ghana's deputy trade minister Hon. Carlos Kingsley Ahenkorah has resigned following his visit to the electoral registration office without completing his self-isolation period.
The Ghanaian ex-minister had earlier tested positive for Covid-19 and was advised to go into self-isolation, which he admitted to breaching later.
He also stated that he had been in contact with a former party scribe and his driver, who both tested positive for the virus later. Following his admission at the main hospital in Accra for a night, Ahenkorah spent a week self-isolated at home before leaving his house and putting others' lives at risk.
President Akufo-Addo's office announced that the resignation of the Deputy Minister for Trade and Industry has been accepted, effective immediately.
President Akufo-Addo called on all government officials to set a good example for their people urging them "to provide leadership at all times" and abide by the rules and measures taken to curb the coronavirus spread.
Akufo-Addo also noted that Ahenkorah, the ex-deputy manager, "acted honorably" by stepping down and resigning from his post, wishing him well in the future.
Ahenkorah was subject to strong criticism following a visit he paid to an electoral registration office, as his period of self-isolation wasn't over yet. The-ex minister found that his only way of making a good exit was to give up his duties and step down, while the Ghanaian president found it a good time to send a direct message to Ghana's officials implying, they should be an example to be followed by people.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Patrick Mahomes injured: When could he return?
- NFL NFL conference championship finals: dates, times & previews
- NFL Playoff Final When and where is Super Bowl LV 2021? - Date, location & kick-off time
- US POLITICS Biden-Harris reveal inauguration playlist: songs and where to listen
- US NEWS Martin Luther King Jr Day: most famous quotes & speeches
- UNITED STATES $2,000 stimulus check updates today: Biden $1,400 third payment, who is eligible, dates | Live