ATHLETIC 0-1 REAL MADRID
Athletic 0-1 Real Madrid: Muniain bemoans penalty decisions
In comments that echo recent complaints by Barcelona's Gerard Piqué, Iker Muniain perceived injustice in the officiating as Real Madrid beat Athletic.
Iker Muniain became the latest player to question refereeing decisions involving Real Madrid after Sergio Ramos scored a decisive penalty to beat Athletic Bilbao on Sunday.
Real Madrid beat Athletic after VAR penalty award
Madrid were made to work hard for a 1-0 victory at San Mamés - their seventh win in a row - as Zinedine Zidane's men moved seven points clear at the top of the LaLiga table.
But Athletic were unhappy with the award of the spot-kick from which Ramos clinched the points, with Dani García's trip on Marcelo spotted only after a VAR review.
"Raúl García's been stamped on and they haven't even reviewed it"
Muniain was particularly frustrated as there was then no similar call made at the other end of the pitch when Ramos appeared to step on Raul García's foot off the ball.
The Athletic captain said: "Raul Garcia's been stamped on and they haven't even reviewed it. That's the difference.
"We've seen the theme in these weeks since the restart - depending on which teams it is, some decisions are given. Everyone can draw their own conclusions."
Muniain complaints follow similar Piqué remarks
Barcelona stalwart Gerard Piqué has previously suggested it would be difficult to stop Madrid winning the title because decisions too often go their way.
Those claims prompted Ramos to respond: "People shouldn't be imagining things!"
Te recomendamos en English
- Latest News CBS News confused about location of La Palma volcano
- GAMING PlayStation State of Play 27 October 2021: Times and how to watch and stream
- SOCCER | BAYERN MUNICH Bayern Munich: Lucas Hernandez avoids jail time
- NBA | NUGGETS Nuggets optimistic NBA MVP Jokic's knee injury is not serious
- NBA NBA round-up: Westbrook and Davis lead LeBron-less Lakers to OT win, Warriors stay unbeaten
- NBA | LAKERS Westbrook: "I'm not used to people cheering for me on the road"