If I never received my stimulus check, can I apply for it now?
Millions of stimulus checks have been sent but people are still waiting for their economic relief that was agreed upon in the CARES Act.
The IRS has still not sent out all of the stimulus checks from the first round of economic help delivered to millions of Americans as part of the CARES Act. With people still waiting, many are wondering if they need to actually do anything to apply for the stimulus check as they have not yet received it.
If you are eligible for a check, you will be sent it directly. But if you did not file taxes, you will have to do so and you have until 15 October to file a tax return and get a stimulus check. Senior citizens, Social Security and Social Security Disability Insurance recipients and railroad retirees and others who do not typically have to file a tax return and don't have to in order to get a stimulus check. They will be sent one automatically.
The IRS also said that recipients of Supplemental Security Income will receive the full $1,200 economic impact payment automatically and do not need to do anything either.
- Second Stimulus Check: will there be another payment in August?
- Stimulus check: who'll qualify for second Economic Impact Payment?
- Who may not be eligible for a second stimulus check?
- How much do I have to earn per year to be eligible for aid?
- Stimulus check: what did Mnuchin say about second payment?
Non-filers need to file a tax return before 15 October to get check
If you fall into the non-filers category and are eligible, you will have to file a tax return though and you still have time to do so. Those who didn't file a return in 2018 or 2019 because they are under the normal income limits for filing a tax return can use the Non-Filers portal to get their payment.
You have to go to the IRS' Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here site and tap the Non-Filers: Enter Payment Info Here button. You will be asked to enter private information and the government has warned not to be caught out by putting private information on a site that is not the official government site or by responding to emails with sensitive information either.
The deadline date for setting up the direct deposit for the stimulus check to be sent straight to your bank account. The IRS set the Get My Payment portal deadline for 13 May. That option is gone but if you file before 15 October, you will receive a payment by the end of 2020.
Te recomendamos en English
- REAL MADRID James won't play for Real Madrid again and is looking for a new club
- Fred issues Man Utd Europa League warning
- CHAMPIONS LEAGUE Champions League in Opta stats: Man City vs Real Madrid, Juventus vs Lyon
- CORONAVIRUS USA Second stimulus check: is a deal possible if not settled by Friday?
- STIMULUS CHECKS Second stimulus check: what is the bonus for Social Security retirees?
- MANCHESTER CITY-REAL MADRID | ZIDANE "Gareth Bale preferred not to play" - Zidane