Coronavirus USA: what did Dr Fauci say about the hotspots and reopening?
Dr. Anthony Fauci, a key member of the White House coronavirus task force, said that some states should “pause their reopening process” as cases increase.
On Thursday, Johns Hopkins University recorded its highest single-day tally of new coronavirus cases in the United States, with more than 65,000 people testing positive and infection rates spiking in many states. Dr Anthony Fauci, from the White House coronavirus task force, has said that states where infections are increasing should consider “pausing their opening process.”
Fauci gives advice for US states
Texas and Florida are two states that decided to lift restrictions earlier than others and they have become the epicenter of this new wave of cases. Fauci suggested that the strategy would be preferable to re-imposing the lockdowns seen earlier in the course of the pandemic.
Popular related articles:
- Supreme Court rules Trump does not have complete immunity
- Joe Biden's plans for his 2020 presidential election rallies
- Trump rallies for the 2020 presidential elections
- Second stimulus check: why July 20 is a key date
- Second stimulus check: economists push for regular payments
- When to contact IRS if stimulus payment has not arrived
"Rather than think in terms of reverting back down to a complete shutdown, I would think we need to get the states pausing in their opening process, looking at what did not work well and try to mitigate that," said Fauci.
Also he believes that it would be too extreme to shut down the economy again and enter a second quarantine period to stop the spread of the virus. “Any state that is having a serious problem, that state should seriously look at shutting down. It is not for me to say because each state is different,” he said to the Wall Street Journal.
Some states, including California, Arizona and Texas have reversed their reopening, closing bars and gyms, and requiring people to wear face masks in public. Fauci's stark message on the US failure to cut infection rates and the scale of the ongoing crisis facing the country has contrasted with President Donald Trump's upbeat claims and attempts to mitigate the seriousness of the crisis.
Te recomendamos en English
- NFL Buffalo Bills vs Tennessee Titans live online: scores, stats and updates | NFL Week 6
- NFL Ravens' John Harbaugh thinks Jackson critique misses point
- NFL Which NFL players have 'gone broke' after their career?
- SOCCER Real Madrid team news, possible starting XI against Shakhtar
- NBA NBA 21/22 season: How much does a cheerleader earn?
- MLB Astros vs. Red Sox live online, scores, stats and updates: Championship Series