Nigeria reduces reporting time at airports for domestic flights
Passengers' arrival time at the airport before domestic flights in Nigeria has been reduced from 3 hours to 90 minutes.
The Nigerian federal government has announced a reduction in passengers' reporting time at the airport prior to domestic flights to 90 minutes instead of 3 hours as it used to be, since passengers are currently encouraged to check-in for the flight online.
Minister of Aviation, Hadi Sirika, revealed this news in a tweet that read: "My colleagues and I have reviewed passenger facilitation at our airports, consequently, I am happy to announce that, henceforth travelers are to arrive one hour and a half before their departure time for domestic flights. Travelers are advised to check-in online, please.’’
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria (FAAN) had earlier devised protocols for the resumption of both international and domestic flights following the government's decision to reopen Nigerian airports and the resumption of domestic flights as a part of the government's plan to ease restrictions and lockdown measures in its bid to improve economic conditions and bring life back to normal.
New protocols implied the arrival of passengers three hours earlier before domestic flights and 5 hours before international ones, so there would be enough time for airport personnel to carry out the new Coronavirus safety checks.
Nigerian airports have been significantly improved after being shut down for almost 3 months, as they are now equipped with several hand-washing facilities and floor marks urging people to maintain the right social distance. Airport staff are now responsible for disinfecting passengers' luggage and checking their body temperature.
You can follow Africa-focused live coverage of the Coronavirus crisis with our rolling feed dedicated to the continent.
Te recomendamos en English
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: medal count, athletes and results, today 5 August
- UNEMPLOYMENT COMPENSATION $100 Mixed Earner Unemployment Compensation in California: what's the deadline to claim it?
- CORONAVIRUS Do all states have to follow the mask mandate?
- Coronavirus How effective are masks against the Delta variant?
- MLS “We urgently need to start winning trophies” - Carlos Vela on LAFC goals
- SERIE A Eriksen returns to Inter for first time since cardiac arrest