Nigeria: FAAN Aviation authorities release new regulations for post-Covid-19 flights
The Federal Airports Authority of Nigeria has announced the new safety guidelines to be followed by airport personnel and air travellers.
The new standard operating procedures are aimed at curbing further spread of coronavirus - particularly through passengers.
New regulatory measures regulations for post-Covid-19 flights
As per the new regulations all passengers must abide by the following:
- All passengers must arrive at the airport with their face mask on.
- Passengers must keep a minimum distance of 1.5 meters, with medical/port health personnel ensuring the proper use of face masks.
- Passengers traveling with pets must get their needed clearance from Nigerian Agricultural Quarantine Services.
- Passengers luggage is to be disinfected before their entry to departure halls.
- Hand sanitizers to be provided for passengers before at the waiting halls/lounges and before entering boarding gates, with the passengers required to wash their hands as frequently as possible.
- Passengers footwear to be sanitized and disinfected by foot mats placed on the ground across entrances to the terminal building.
- Passengers are required to maintain social distance upon disembarkation from the aircraft and at the baggage claim area, with all Covid-19 protocol measures observed during customs check.
FAAN is asking passengers and stakeholders to comply with the new procedural protocol set to ensure the safety of everyone.