The new faces behind the new NWSL women's franchise in Los Angeles
Natalie Portman joins the long list of Hollywood actors that have decided to invest in a professional women's football team in the United States.
After a twelve year-wait, Los Angeles finally has a professional women’s football team that will participate in the National Women's Soccer League (NWSL). They are set to join the league in 2022, it was announced on Tuesday. The new franchise will be organized mainly by women in the sports and entertainment industry.
Hollywood actress Natalie Portman is the face of the project alongside colleagues such as Eva Longoria, Uzo Aduba, Jessica Chastain, America Ferrara and Jennifer Garner. Other prolific names involved in the founding investor group include:
- Serena Williams and daughter, Alexis Olympia Ohanian, Jr.
- Lilly Singh: Late night talk show host
- Former U.S. women's national team player representing Southern California: Julie Foudy, Mia Hamm, Rachel Buehler, Shannon Boxx, Amanda Cromwell, Lorrie Fair Allen, Ronnie Fair Sullins, Joy Fawcett, Angela Hucles, Shannon MacMillan, Tisha Venturini Hoch and Saskia Webber
- Two-time Olympic Gold Medalist and FIFA World Cup champions Lauren Cheney Holiday and Abby Wambach
- Glennon Doyle: Author and activist
- Cindy Holland: Netflix VP original content
- Casey Neistat: Tech entrepreneur and filmmaker
- Sabina Nathanson: Founding board member of Baby2Baby,
- David Nathanson: Media executive
- Norah Weinstein: Baby2Baby co-president
- Brian Weinstein: Bad Robot president and COO
Hollywood investing in professional sports in the U.S.
Natalie Portman is the latest Hollywood actress to venture into a Major League Soccer Team. Will Ferrell is the co-owner of Los Angeles Football Club who won the Supporters Shield last season and Matthew McConaughey who recently acquired being part of Austin FC.
Te recomendamos en English
- DEREK CHAUVIN TRIAL George Floyd verdict and closing arguments: what has defense and prosecution stated?
- PLAYSTATION Horizon Zero Dawn free on PS4 and PS5: date, times and how to download
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS Overpayment of unemployment benefits: should I give it back?
- CORONAVIRUS VACCINE Why has the demand for vaccines decreased in some states of the country?
- OSCARS 2021 Which movies have won the Oscar for Best Picture each year?
- European Super League Florentino Pérez on European Super League: "We are doing this to save football"