Nigeria: private school owners support reopening plan
Owners of private schools in Nigeria have welcomed the federal government's approval of the reopening of secondary schools in August following the suspension caused by Covid-19.
National Association of Proprietors of Private Schools (NAPPS) members have expressed their delight following the federal government's approval of reopening secondary schools in August so as to give students a chance to prepare for West African Examination Council (WAEC) exams, ensuring that all necessary precautionary measures will be taken to maintain safety.
Secondary schools to reopen on 4 August
The federal government earlier announced that secondary school resumption is set for 4 August as students need some time to be ready for WAEC exams scheduled for 17 August.
NAPPS President Yomi Otubela stated that everyone including students, parents, teachers, and all stakeholders are thrilled by the government's decision. On behalf of the association, Otubela sincerely thanked ministers at the ministry of education for their cooperation and understanding of the downsides to school suspension.
Safety will be priority at reopened schools, says NAPPS
The NAPPS further emphasized that safety will be a matter of very high priority, pledging that students, staff members, and visitors will comply with safety protocols and Covid-19-related guidelines that help reduce the chance of infection.
Furthermore, the body called on the federal government to hold an urgent virtual meeting to be attended by all stakeholders in private and public schools to raise awareness about the necessities of such a period and the measures that need to be taken to prevent the spread of the infection at their schools.
Te recomendamos en English
- Kane not at Spurs training? English media would have helicopters out if Pogba tried that – Ferdinand
- OLYMPIC GAMES | LONG JUMP Tokyo 2021: Upset Echevarria after long jump silver due to injury, US avoid first-time basketball shock
- OLYMPIC GAMES Tokyo 2021: Belarusian sprinter who refused to leave Tokyo is now "safe"
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER How many Olympic medals did Mia Hamm win?
- OLYMPICS | GYMNASTICS Simone Biles will return for Team USA for balance beam final
- OLYMPIC GAMES Rapinoe admits USA "didn't have that juice" after shock Canada defeat