Chelsea's Pulisic and Azpilicueta to miss Bayern Munich clash
Frank Lampard confirmed that Christian Pulisic and César Azpilicueta will miss the 8 August quarter final after picking up injuries in the FA Cup final.
Christian Pulisic and César Azpilicueta will miss Chelsea's Champions League meeting with Bayern Munich after picking up hamstring injuries, manager Frank Lampard confirmed.
Chelsea suffer setback ahead of Last 16 return leg
Full-back Azpilicueta and forward Pulisic limped out of Chelsea's 2-1 defeat by Arsenal in the FA Cup final on Saturday. Chelsea will visit German champions Bayern Munich on 8 August, trailing 3-0 from the first leg of their last-16 tie.
"I don't know the full extent of the injuries," Lampard told reporters in his post-match press conference. "But I know the hamstrings with Azpi and Christian - they have to be scanned and assessed over the next few days. They clearly won't be fit for next week."
Te recomendamos en English
- UNEMPLOYMENT BENEFITS In which states did unemployment claims increase last week?
- CONSTITUTION DAY When was the US Constitution signed?
- US NEWS How will Biden respond to the wave of migrants gathered under a Texas bridge?
- NFL New York Giants 29 vs 33 Washington Football Team summary: score, stats, highlights | NFL Week 2
- NFL Nick Gates breaks leg, New York Giants offensive linesman suffers fracture vs Washington
- MLB Angels’ Ohtani’s arm sore, may miss rest of season as pitcher