Jadon Sancho to stay at Borussia Dortmund until 2023 – Zorc
Manchester United's move for Jadon Sancho appears to be dead in the water after Michael Zorc insisted the winger was staying at the club for the immediate future.
Jadon Sancho joined the Borussia Dortmund squad for a pre-season training camp in Switzerland on Monday with the German club saying the talented player would stay after a contract extension to 2023.
England international Sancho, who joined Dortmund from Manchester City in 2017 – has become a star in the Bundesliga, providing 20 assists and scoring 20 goals during 2019-20, after scoring 13 times and setting up 19 goals in the previous season.
Michael Zorc presser:— Borussia Dortmund (@BlackYellow) August 10, 2020
"We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season, the decision is final. I think that answers all our questions." pic.twitter.com/Dy6PwEK3io
United set to lose out on Sancho
Premier League giants United are rumoured to have made signing the 20-year-old a top priority but on Monday – reportedly a deadline Dortmund had set for any deal to be struck – sports director Michael Zorc insisted the winger, whose current deal runs until 2022, was staying put.
"We plan on having Jadon Sancho in our team this season, the decision is final," Zorc told reporters at Dortmund's pre-season training camp. "I think that answers all our questions. Last summer we adjusted Jadon's salary to match the development of his performances. So in context, we had already extended his contract until 2023 back then."
Te recomendamos en English
- Olympic Games Zverev sorry for sinking Djokovic's Golden Slam hopes
- Tax Refund How many Americans will receive the $1600 Tax refund payment?
- OLYMPIC GAMES USA at Tokyo Olympics 2021 live updates: Women´s 100m final, USA Basketball, medal count, results, today 30 July
- OLYMPIC GAMES | SOCCER Henry Martín could miss Mexico’s game against South Korea
- OLYMPIC GAMES What's the top speed of a 100m sprinter?
- OLYMPIC GAMES | ATHLETICS What are Usain Bolt's records on the Olympic track? 100m, 200m...